This is a refreshing, light yet satisfying salad that can be taken on the go for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This recipe will not only taste better, but be much better for you if you buy all organic ingredients.
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1-2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 1/2-1 cup fresh Parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro chopped
- Few sprigs fresh Basil chopped
- 1 Avocado, just ripe (you may not want to add this unless you are planning on eating it right away as it will go brown).
Mix the ingredients above together in a medium size bowl. Once the dressing ingredients are mixed together, pour the dressing on and toss everything together gently.
- 1/2-1 Lemon juiced (depending on how lemony you like things)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2-3 splashes of Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Few dashes of dried Mustard Powder & Garlic Powder. If you prefer fresh garlic crush a clove and mix it with the dressing.
I like to make up my own salad dressing - see recipe section- and use that as my base and then take some of that and add for example fresh lemon to make this salad snappier and better for my liver.