This is such a quick, easy, delicious, crowd pleaser. It’s great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Throw it on a bed of greens, or in a wrap and you’re good to go! It ends up a lot like egg salad but is a great alternative and change. High in calcium and lower in fat (tofu vs. eggs). Tofu also has phytoestrogens, which just means plant based estrogens. These are weaker than xenoestrogens – chemical based ones from toxins in our environment. These phytoestrogens work by binding weakly to the cell receptors that the bad guys- xenoestrogens bind to, so that they can’t and then the body can eliminate them. Sayonara bad guys!
- 1 Block of Extra Firm Organic Tofu, crumbled in your hands
- 3 Heaping Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Heaping tsp Curry Powder (or more J)
- 2 heaping tsp Chutney (optional)
- 1-3 Celery stalks – chopped finely
- ½ cup Walnuts or pecans - chopped
- ½ cup Onion – Vidalia/sweet (may soak in cold water for 15 minutes)
Mix curry powder with mayo and then add all ingredients together and combine well. Enjoy!