Creamy Waldorf Salad
I found this recipe in the magazine Sage (I made a few minor changes) and want to share it with you as it is refreshing, sweet and satisfying. Use all organic ingredients whenever possible.
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt or plain coconut yogurt (for dairy-free & vegan)
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise (use vegan if desired)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 bulb fennel, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1-2 cups thinly sliced cabbage (red cabbage brings it to life visually :)
- 1-2 apples, cored and cut into thin strips
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup toasted walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped, divided
- ½ cup dried currants or cranberries
Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a measuring cup or bowl. Toss all slaw ingredients together in a large serving bowl, reserving half the nuts for garnish. Add prepared dressing mixing well to combine. Enjoy! This is a great salad the next day, and I like it for breakfast.